[sane-devel] Knowing ADF source is active

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:46:10 UTC 2009

Well-known options are your only method of determining the hardware
capabilities. And yes, just as you said, some backends differ in their
text, and some dont expose the option. Julien and I have been
discussing an update to the standard to clarify the strings. And we've
talked about the opposite problem- how can a backend know ahead of
time that the frontend will call for a second sheet to avoid some head
movement or recalibration. It seems some more discussion is needed in
these areas.

allan