[sane-devel] EPSON Perfection v200: First version able to scan something

Ivan Boldyrev lispnik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:44:06 UTC 2009

I have written some Python code for testing reverse-engineered
protocol.  I don't particulary like Python, but it has libusb
bindings.

Today I have wrote first version able to scan something.  It has
severe limitations:
0. Image quality is poor.
1. Scanner hangs up after scanning, you have to unplug USB and insert
back to "reset" it.
2. Position of scanned window is strange.
3. Some important packets that are supposed to fix above problems are
simply commented out.
4. Parameters are hardwired, not calculated.  Many packets are written
as is, not in functions with meaningful names (I don't know packets'
meaning).

I still cannot handle some packet that is different on each scan
(scanning parameters -- window, dpi etc -- are always same!).  When I
use its content from previous scans, scanner simply hangs up.

You may get sources from Mercurial repo (sorry, no git):
hg clone http://ivan.ivanych.net/hg/epawa-py

I don't like name epawa, may be, epv200 would be better, but I hope it
will be more generic some day.

I keep working.

--
Ivan Boldyrev