[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New release of Image Scan! for Linux

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Feb 16 23:21:09 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> writes:

> Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> Redistribution of the binary plugins is forbidden by the license.
>>
>> TTBOMK, that is not true.  The license for the plugins is attached,
>> feel free to point out where it says redistribution is forbidden.
>
> Oh good, they changed it. Last I looked at it to package the whole
> thing, it was a lot different; good news for anyone who's willing to
> package iScan.

The license of the plugin packages has not been changed since they
were split off of the iscan "source" package way back when we released
iscan-2.0.0.  And even before we separated the plugins into their own
packages they were available under the same license as they are now.

The name of the license has changed a couple of times (following
changes of company name) but the contents of the license has not
changed since it was first used in iscan-1.5.0, released towards
the end of October 2002.

You must have looked a very long time ago ;-P
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962