[sane-devel] [sane-commit] CVS update of sane-backends (7 files)

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Feb 19 14:09:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Modified: ChangeLog configure configure.in include/sane/config.h.in
>           sanei/sanei_usb.c tools/check-usb-chip.c
>           tools/sane-find-scanner.c
>
> Add support for libusb-1.0.

So, it's in. A few things to know:
 - ./configure --enable-libusb_1_0
 - it will fall back to libusb if libusb-1.0 is not available
 - libusb remains the default because (1) nobody besides me has tested
   it yet (2) libusb-1.0 only works on Linux at the moment
 - sane-find-scanner loses the -F option when built with libusb-1.0;
   the way it's implemented with libusb is not portable to libusb-1.0
 - check-usb-chip has not been ported to libusb-1.0; there's no easy
   way to port it, and duplicating some 3500 lines of code is stupid,
   so for now it'll remain libusb-only. It'll be ported at some point
   in the future, probably when libusb-1.0 will be the default.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169