[sane-devel] Document scanner, hardware recommendations.

Johannes Groedem johs at netfonds.no
Thu Feb 19 14:48:28 UTC 2009

* "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
>>> http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/computing/peripheral/scanners/product/fi6230/
>>> It performs as advertised- 30ppm color at 300dpi.
>> This one looks very nice, and the SANE compatibility list says
>> "complete" as well.  Thanks again.
> sure- just make sure you are running the SANE CVS version, not 1.0.19.
> And you might want to wait and see if anyone else has a less expensive
> suggestion :)

In case anyone should search for this particular model: We bought a
Fujitsu fi-6240, and after (brief) testing it appears to work great
with SANE (CVS-version) and is also blazingly fast.  It scans color
pages at 300 DPI in 2-2.5 seconds per page using the document feeder.
(600 DPI also is pretty fast, but that's more than we need.)

--
Johannes Grødem