[sane-devel] Document scanner, hardware recommendations.

Johannes Groedem johs at netfonds.no
Thu Feb 19 15:09:49 UTC 2009

* "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
>> In case anyone should search for this particular model: We bought a
>> Fujitsu fi-6240, and after (brief) testing it appears to work great
>> with SANE (CVS-version) and is also blazingly fast.  It scans color
>> pages at 300 DPI in 2-2.5 seconds per page using the document
>> feeder.  (600 DPI also is pretty fast, but that's more than we
>> need.)
> The 6240 should be on the order of 40ppm, unless the machine cannot
> keep up...

It's close enough for me.  Who knows how they measure these things.
My measurement was "time scanadf", basically.  It was done actually
feeding the papers through the scanner before scanadf exited, so it's
not entirely unimaginable that there is a bit of overhead in actually
transferring and writing the scans to disk.

--
Johannes Grødem