[sane-devel] upcoming changes for the genesys backend

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Feb 23 06:03:23 UTC 2009

	Hello,

	I'm answering you through the mailing list since my private mail has been
bounced back by some blacklisting system.

	First I am OK with all the changes you are proposing. Just go for it.
	On my side I'm about to commit a big rewrite of the gl646 part internals in
order to make adding new devices easier, and have a cleaner calibration
process that will be used by the XP200.
	I have modified device descriptions tables in genesys_devices.c to have an ID
which is then used when initializing structs. It also brings untested support
for the HP3670 in all color modes.
	I expect to commit all this Tuesday.

Regards,
	Stef