[sane-devel] Build system issues.

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon Feb 23 15:11:56 UTC 2009

m. allan noah wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
>
>> Re-installing CVS points *everything* back to 1.1.0 so.
>>

> Yes- i can confirm that it works as expected on top of a
> vendor-packaged 1.0.19, except for one problem:
>
> /usr/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 -> libsane-xerox_mfp.so.1.1.0
>
> Looks like we picked up the last backend and made an extra symlink for
> it? I have installed fedora 10's rpm too, so perhaps that made the
> symlink as well?

Hmmm, thats back?  It was a "feature" of sane-1.0.19's libtool as well
but the backend/Makefile would specifically delete it at end of
"install" phase so it wasn't noticed. :-)

After upgrading ltmain.sh I hadn't noticed it being created anymore but
I guess something must be tickling it.  Yesterday, I almost submitted
that cleanup logic back into backend/Makfile to be safe but reverted it
at the last minute.

I'll go ahead and add it back since it hurts nothing to have it there.
> Oh, and the neat/screwy thing about this approach- I built from source
> without v4l support, but the existing 1.0.19 rpm had it, so now i get
> updated 1.1.0 backends, and the older v4l at the same time.

Yep, nice feature I think since they are backwards compatible.  I was
seeing similar.