[sane-devel] Build system issues.

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Feb 23 23:33:10 UTC 2009

Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com> writes:

> m. allan noah wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes- i can confirm that it works as expected on top of a
>> vendor-packaged 1.0.19, except for one problem:
>>
>> /usr/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 -> libsane-xerox_mfp.so.1.1.0
>>
>> Looks like we picked up the last backend and made an extra symlink for
>> it? I have installed fedora 10's rpm too, so perhaps that made the
>> symlink as well?
>>
> Hmmm, thats back?  It was a "feature" of sane-1.0.19's libtool as well
> but the backend/Makefile would specifically delete it at end of
> "install" phase so it wasn't noticed. :-)
>
> After upgrading ltmain.sh I hadn't noticed it being created anymore but
> I guess something must be tickling it.  Yesterday, I almost submitted
> that cleanup logic back into backend/Makfile to be safe but reverted it
> at the last minute.
>
> I'll go ahead and add it back since it hurts nothing to have it there.

Yes please.  That symlink has caused grief in the past where it got
linked to the v4l backend and people no longer picked up any other
devices.  Just make sure to ignore the exit status of the rm command
so make install doesn't bomb on potential absence of the link.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962