[sane-devel] Unsupported device: Canon MF4018

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 19:21:37 UTC 2009

Steve Hardy <steve at appliedrealtime.co.uk> wrote:

>I have similar problems to this with the pixma backend and a Canon MF4660 -
>only my MFP *always* returns the -ETIMEOUT response after moving the scan
>head to the end of the panel in preparation for the scan.
If you keep reading, Gleb solved his problem by manually removing his old version of sane prior to re-installing a fresh CVS version (apparently automated package removal wasn't doing a complete job).   Perhaps that will also solve your problem being that you two are experiencing similar things?

-Dennis