No subject

Sun Feb 15 23:16:50 UTC 2009

but it didn't make any difference. The program still crashes when I click on "scan" or "acquire preview."

I have confirmed that when running "scanimage -T" I get the following:

scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: aborting

gdb scanimage
Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
[Switching to Thread 0xb7cf3a10 (LWP 4046)]
0xb7e10061 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb7e10061 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0xb72b16e4 in sanei_thread_kill () from /usr/lib/sane/libsane-avision.so.1
#2  0xb729cb4a in ?? () from /usr/lib/sane/libsane-avision.so.1
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

And also running "xscanimage" in the commandline with gdb, the program would still crash producing the same errors complaining about "/usr/lib/sane/libsane-avsion.so.1" After messing around a few times,
sometimes xsane would freeze for approx. 2-3 minutes after detecting my device(no gdb errors presented), then it would load just like normal then freeze again completely and reproducing the same errors. That's
all the information I can think of right now, I'm sorry that I can't give you a better debug output. I just hope this info can give you some ideas on how to help fix the issue. Thanks for your time...