[sane-devel] Sample code for Scanning

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:41:15 UTC 2009

That does not narrow it down much, since HP uses different chips for
models with similar numbers:

 the 4070 and 4370 machines are already supported by the hp3900 sane backend
 the 4200 machines are supported by the hp4200 backend
 the 4300 machines are supported by niash backend
 the 4570 by the hp5590 backend
 the 4400 and 4470 by the rts8891 backend

and most of the remaining ones seem to be genesys-logic based?

So, if you are working on one that is related to these, you have quite
a bit of example code to use right in sane-backends CVS version. If
you have yet another one, then i would suggest looking at the existing
backends for one that uses a similar command set, and that you like
the author's coding style, and copy it. Please be aware that in either
case, you are making a derivative backend, and your code will be
covered by the same license as sane (GPL+exception)

allan