[sane-devel] patch for sane-desc.c / support for descfiles / modifications

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Jan 12 14:00:38 UTC 2009

Dieter Jurzitza <dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de> wrote:

Hi,

> A patch modifying the currently known .desc files in accordance (only
> epson.desc and hp.desc for now) is attached, too.

No problem with that patch.

> The scsi bus is now treated in the same manner as the usb bus with regard to
> hal output. Only those devices that promote themselves as "processor" will be
> included into hal - output, what makes a lot of sense IMHO.

However for the other patch, there are various style issues and more
importantly whitespace damage (HAL output function, look at the diff
and you'll see...).

> For better readability I separated sane-desc.c in a include/sane/sane-desc.h
> and a tools/sane-desc.c, the first one containing all defines and all header
> files - well, business as usual.

Don't do that. Please keep sane-desc as a single file; there's no
value in separating everything out as nothing reuses the definitions.

> Please comment this and let me know what changes should be integrated on top
> of this.

Last thing, the change for the default permission bits is nice, but
could we have it as a separate patch?

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>