[sane-devel] sane runs in windows without cygwin

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Jan 15 15:15:57 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] sane runs in windows without cygwin
From: m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>
To: Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>
CC: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
Date: 01/14/2009 08:25 AM

> 2009/1/13 Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>:
>> If anyone is interested in the changes I've made, I'd be interested in
>> making them available.
>
> yes, very much interested. there has been some talk lately about
> updating the sane build system, it might be possible to coordinate
> with that effort, so that at least minimal win32 support is added to
> mainline sane.
>
> allan

OK, I wanted to reply before people thought I posted and ran. I'm caught
in some other programming messes at the moment, but I will post a patch
with the changes I had to make. A majority of them were just #ifdef
WIN32 around problem headers or function calls. Give me a few days... or
weeks.

Might I recommend a switch to git. I switched from CVS to git and I'm
quite a happy camper. ^.^