[sane-devel] Epson SX600FW support

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Thu Jan 15 18:59:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:49:10 +0100
Thibaut GIRKA <thib at sitedethib.com> wrote:

> Le jeudi 15 janvier 2009 à 19:13 +0100, Alessandro Zummo a écrit :
> >  it provides some settings that are often also found with other commands.
> >  you changed the dpi to which value?
>
> I changed the DPI from 50 (the minimum and default in xsane) to 75.
>
> >  did you tried other frontends like scanimage or tiffscan?
> No.
>
> >  can you provide a debug output when it works and when it doesn't?
> Here is works (75 DPI) and doesntwork (50 DPI).

 your scanner min resolution is 75 dpi. the driver generates a fake
 resolution list with networked scanners, because it can't be obtained
 in another way, and that list is wrong. I will commit a fix to the CVS
 in a couple of minutes and will disable identity 2 with networked scanners too.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy