[sane-devel] improved libcheck target

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Wed Jan 21 14:03:21 UTC 2009

stef wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 janvier 2009 06:42:17 stef, vous avez écrit :
>
>> 	Hello,
>>
>> 	I have tried 'make libcheck' now it handles dynamic libraries. I notice it
>> fails at the first violation without testing following libraries. I'd
>> rather have it check all libraries then fail at the end so we get the full
>> list of violations.

> 	While I am at it, here's a proposed patch to make libchek behave like that.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Looks good to me... I'll commit it soon .  But while its out for review,
could some more people look at this patch?  Specifically, at the list
its checking for "non-standard sane_* symbols".

Since we are building dynamic libraries by default and libcheck wasn't
working before in default case, I wasn't sure how outdated that list
was.  I've not yet had time to compare the list to current API document
but looks pretty close.

Also, it does produce useful information for current maintainers of
canon, epjitsu, espon2, fujitsu, hs2p, pixma, and epsons backends as
shown in Stef's first email.

Chris