[sane-devel] Providing the version of SANE used in VueScan

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sat Jan 24 00:52:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:17:44 +0100
jyqvklioo at googlemail.com wrote:

> Please, make the source code of SANE you use in your product available, as you are obliged by the licensing terms of SANE.

 Are we sure that the SANE exception doesn't allow Ed to include
 it in his program?

  "The exception is that, if you link a SANE library with other files
   to produce an executable, this does not by itself cause the
   resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public
   License.  Your use of that executable is in no way restricted on
   account of linking the SANE library code into it."

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy