[sane-devel] Epson V200 Scanner, 64Bit Ubuntu

Ivan Boldyrev lispnik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:33:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Patrick Scheibe <patrick at yoursort.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use an Epson V200 Photo USB Scanner on my Linux Box ...
> I'm afraid that the proprietary libraries need to be 64bit libs.

I have same problem; Avasys recently promised to release 64-bit
version of the plugin, but I slowly working on open-source driver.

The possible solutions:

1. Wait before someone (be it me or some else) release open-source driver.
2. Wait before Avasys release 64-bit version of plugin.
3. Run 32 bit chroot and talk with 32-bit part over TCP/IP.
4. Switch to 32 bits.

P.S. 4ALL:  I was wrong, and V200 has binary mode; and it seems I can
soon release driver for binary mode; I haven't experimented with
grayscale much.  I'm sorry I haven't release my current results yet,
but I had little time...  I will try really hard :)

--
Ivan Boldyrev