[sane-devel] Visioneer OneTouch 7100 USB

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Jul 2 19:31:08 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 2 juillet 2009 15:03:58 Kris Kersey, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7100 USB that I would like to work on
> supporting via the genesys driver as suggested by the supported device
> list.  Can you please give me some pointers to help me get this scanner
> into the driver for testing?
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a7 [Visioneer], product=0x0229 [USB
> Scanner], chip=GL646) at libusb:003:004
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

	Hello,

	the first step is to have working under windows and record -with usbsniff-
usb activity for each available resolution/color combinations for a small scan
area. The best is to have a separate usb log for each combination.
	Then run decoding scripts against these, it will creates mode tables to add
to genesys_gl646.h.
	You also have to create an entry describing your scanner model in
genesys_devices.c.
	Then you'll have to test and fix bugs.

	This is the outline. I'll provide any detail you need.

Regards,
	Stef