[sane-devel] [Fwd: Problem with Boolean search on SANE site -- R.C.]

Jochen Eisinger jochen at penguin-breeder.org
Wed Jul 15 19:32:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I'm trying to see what SANE has to offer for page scanners or sheet
> scanners (the portable, non-bulk feed variety).  I selected Boolean
> search, then entered search terms:  page scanner, "page scanner" and,
> page and scanner, plus the same combinations for "sheet scanner"
> It seems there is no way of searching for a string?  I'm search results
> with both words separated, or, with both words concatenated (with no
> space between).  Could you give me an example I could follow?

I don't quite understand what exactly you want to do. The search engine
is an htdig engine, so you can check their documentation:

http://www.htdig.org/hts_method.html

So a search like (page OR sheet) AND scanner is valid.

However, there's no way to search for documents where the words page and
scanner are close to each other.

You can try google for that:

http://google.com/search?q=page-scanner%20site:lists.alioth.debian.org

regards