[sane-devel] regarding SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Tue Jun 2 09:11:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:43:18 +0200
stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> > > what will the front-end do with that info? just plow ahead and ignore
> > > it? Thats not really a status, but more of a param of the image data.
> > > I think if you want that info, it makes more sense to turn the last
> > > frame member of sane_params into a series of flags.
> >
> >  the problem is that we are trying to hack some communication where
> >  the standard sane protocol has none.
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	could you elaborate ? I suppose you have an idea on how improving SANE
> regarding this point. Share it with us.

 Sure, but I already did a year ago and there was no consensus about changing
 the API. I wrote sane-evolution as a concept of this

 What I mean is that is ok to add frame types and new return codes,
 they're small additions, but if we are going to add subtle meanings to
 a old API maybe we should rethink about it.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy