[sane-devel] epson2 updated, need testing

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Tue Jun 2 12:03:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:13:21 +0200
Dominik Wnek <dominalien at netscape.net> wrote:

> Scanning with PX700W: the scanner now works over the network - in
> binary, greyscale, colour, in various resolutions. xsane shows DPIs up
> to 2400.
>
> 1. Sometimes, xsane will show "I/O Error" - maybe 2 times out of 10.
> Trying again works.

 can you try a couple of scans using tiffscan (preferably) or scanimage
 and send me the logs when you have the I/O errors?

> 2. The image scanned is not OK.
>
> - Towards the top, it's "stretched" a little bit vertically. This
> appears in all resolutions.
>
> - Starting with 600 dpi in colour (when the scanner moves the scanning
> head back and forth) horizontal stripes of the image are cut-out/
> possibly misaligned. Similar to this, in various resolutions (300, 600
> dpi) and colour/grayscale, there are _vertical_ stripes which are
> missing. I will provide sample images if you wish.

 yes, please. send me privately, the lowest resolution that shows the problem.

 can you check if you have the same stripes scanning via USB?

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy