[sane-devel] ICC support - summing up

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Jun 8 19:40:05 UTC 2009

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

My fingers slipped on the keyboard, so if you get an empty mail before
this one... sorry.

>> My take on this is that it should be handled out of band and by the
>> frontend only. The frontend should have all the information needed to
>> determine which ICC profile applies.
>
> I agree. But in the case of saned, this means each client would need
> the ICC profile for the scanner installed locally, or some other
> protocol would have to be used to call the server for it.

As I wrote already, saned is not for scanning over the Internet on a
random scanner thousands of miles away. If you're scanning over the
network, you're scanning over YOUR network, which means YOUR Oyranos
server is accessible the same way the saned host is accessible at the
time the scan is done. I don't see a problem here, really.

Worst case the frontend can generate the ICC profile identification
and you can retrieve it later on with that.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169