[sane-devel] SANE frozen in amber ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Jun 10 16:27:41 UTC 2009

stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

>  	This is why I regret that  recent plans to bring a little evolution were
> postponed over such a mundane thing than a dll version. An frequent

I think you still haven't got it.

There are plans for changes to the API; Allan reviewed the SANE2 draft
but I believe he's busy at the moment and so he hasn't come forward
with that just yet.

Whatever we do requires careful consideration to produce a better API
that will fix the current shortcomings without introducing new ones
that we can avoid. (like, say, busy-looping on sane_start(), shrug.)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169