[sane-devel] Most Hackable Scanner?

Oleg Perelet perelet at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 19:09:30 UTC 2009

I did 8x10 scanning back off CIS Canon Lido several years ago for Sinar P2, at that time there was no SANE Lido support and I had to hack quite a bit.

Recently I've seen Lido support added - for $80 for scanner it worth trying.

Note - even after I made it work there were problems with few missed scan lines and some other image artifacts.

I may dig for my old source, but I suggest give new Lido a shot.

PS. Also if anybody did something similar for CCD scanners - please post your findings.

Oleg.