[sane-devel] SANE frozen in amber ?

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Mon Jun 15 19:17:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:29:27 +0200
stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> 	You are right, I didn't understand what you meant.
> 	So for now, what is sure is that some changes are planned to the API, and
> there will be a bump in the soname version ?

 From my point of view, I agree with stef regarding "write them down"
 and with noah with "make it possible".

 But it should be easy to filter out doable changes from those that are
 not.

 We can simply address those in a git branch, roundup a few frontend developers
 and see what happens. We don't have to release immediately but we can check if
 the development model works.

 I've seen requests for the warming up status and probably other status codes,
 as well as new frame types. None of those are hard to made and they can certainly
 pass the filter.

 I'd be happy to have scanner make ad model too, but it's not an hard requirement
 for me, I already maintain my own patches to do just that.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy