[sane-devel] API addition request

jonnyb at hol.gr jonnyb at hol.gr
Sat Jun 20 09:51:46 UTC 2009

Hello all,
   Regarding the need for ICC profile support with SANE, I would like
to suggest
an API addition in the form of a SANE_CAP_COLOUR capability flag.
This may not solve the problem as a whole, but it is enough for the
gsoc project
with locally attached scanner and also would be needed anyway in the long run.
   Allan suggested this already on the "ICC support for SANE" thread.
I'm attaching an example patch for the pnm backend, so that
$ scanimage --help -d pnm
would also print out a hint that an option affects colour output.

In respect to updating the backends, this flag is optional, so
backends that will
use it will have color management support, others won't.
So, what do you think?

Thank's
Yiannis