[sane-devel] Regarding Canon DR-2050C using sane-1.0.20 backend _ Duplex Option

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:18:21 UTC 2009

You have told the backend (scanner driver) that you want duplex data, but
you have not told the frontend (scanimage) that it should grab more than one
page. Try this instead:

scanimage -d canon_dr:libusb:002:006 --source 'ADF Duplex' --resolution 100
--format=tiff -b

This will produce images in your current directory called out1.tif,
out2.tif, etc. These names can be changed, see scanimage manpage.

Also, please note, that support for this machine is somewhat basic in sane
1.0.20. In the last week I have added calibration and fixed many bugs. I
would HIGHLY suggest that you upgrade to a recent sane-backends git
snapshot, the scanner will be much more useful and the image quality
significantly improved.

allan