[sane-devel] API addition request

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 15:33:21 UTC 2009

2009/6/20 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
> But, back to Jeffrey's request- is it enough to know ADF or not and Duplex
> or not in the params struct, or do you need to know that sooner? Also, it
> would be good to know which side of the duplex scan this is...

For me, it is all about predicting the page numbering. For a flatbed,
you only want to scan one image, and for any more than that, provide a
delay or a prompt giving the user time to change sheets. Scanning
double-sided sheets from a non-duplex ADF require the page numbering
to be inc/decremented by 2.

It would be better for the frontend to know this sooner than the param
struct, as that way you can only offer the options that are currently
possible. I assume, though, that this would require all options to be
reloaded. If this is a problem, getting the information in the param
struct would certainly be better that then current situation.

Regards

Jeff