[sane-devel] Error during CMS conversion: Could not open scanner ICM profile

Matthew Duggan stauff at guarana.org
Mon Jun 22 21:40:23 UTC 2009

Hi David,

I assume by the subject you're trying to create calibrated images.
Sorry, but there is no ICM profile for this scanner in the SANE
package, only a driver.  The documentation for the canon_pp backend
mentions a 'calibration' file, but that's not an ICC calibration file,
it's per-pixel white-point/black-point data which removes streaks from
the image.

If you're trying to create physically calibrated images with this
scanner, then you'll need to find an ICC profile somewhere or make
your own.  There may be a profile in the official Canon driver
package, but off the top of my head I can't remember.

The other option is just to turn off ICC profile calibration in the
GUI you're using.

Kind Regards,

- Matthew Duggan