[sane-devel] Unsupported device: Canon MF4018

Steve Hardy steve at appliedrealtime.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 09:00:33 UTC 2009

Hi Nicolas,

Yes we ran through some debug and I think reached the point where we were
both out of ideas :)

I was sort-of hoping that this latest pixma issue could be related, but I
think probably not....

I think I have to do the USB-protocol level analysis, as I don't think this
is an install issue,  but I've not had much free time recently.

Also the windows USB-snoop applications don't dump in a format that is
suitable for diffing with the Linux usbmon output, so I've been trying to
understand how other developers perform this analysis.  It seems to me that
manual analysis is time-consuming and error-prone.

A script in the experimental tree was mentioned to clean up the usbsniff
output, so I will give that a try next.

Thanks,

Steve