[sane-devel] [sane-commit] CVS update of sane-backends/frontend (saned.c)

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:12:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll agree with Ilia on this one- If you have dhcp enabled, your local
> IP might not be in /etc/hosts, and you might not have a local dns
> server that knows about your RFC-1918 addresses.

That is one of possible cases. Consider a system where hostname (local
and registered in DNS) is completely useless. That could be a thin
client (my case), improperly (from DNS point of view) configured
system, but nothing prevents each of them serve as SANE network
server, isn't it?

--
 Ilia Sotnikov