[sane-devel] [RFC] SANE USB support for devices with multiple interfaces/endpoints

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:56:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:
>> For p.1 sanei_usb_claim_interface() could be used (to modify
>> devices[I].interface_nr). To solve p.2 perhaps additional SANE USB
>> call or a callback for sani_usb_open() should be introduced.
>
> The callback is probably a no-go given the different access methods
> implemented in sanei_usb.

Totally agree, that was just an idea for brainstorming. Another way is
to introduce sanei_usb_open2(), sanei_usb_open_ex() etc, which takes
additional parametrs (endpoint numbers), or new
sanei_usb_select_endpoints() call etc.

I would prefer to use sanei_usb_claim_interface () (existing call,
which should be extended to set interface_nr as well as calling
usb_clam_interface()), sanei_usb_set_endpoints () (new call, whose
semantics are to be discussed).

I will make the necessary changes in sanei_usb.[ch], the major part is
the consensus on the changes to implement.

--
 Ilia Sotnikov