[sane-devel] Mac OS X: sane pixma (not) scanning

Peter Schoenrank peter at schoenrank.ca
Sat Mar 28 05:00:23 UTC 2009

On 09-Mar-26, at 15:35, Louis Lagendijk wrote:

> see for example:
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/usb/2007/Feb/msg00001.html
> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18405 and
> http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-system-mac-software/303503-usb-ports-now-not-working-mbp-10-5-5-a.html

So I read some of what Louis linked to, and then I downloaded the Mac
OS X USB Debug Kit for 10.5.6 and installed it on the iMac running
10.5.6.
http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/download/usbdebug.html

I disconnected the MX850 from the network and connected it to my
10.5.6 iMac (which has the seemingly successful build and install of
the sane-scm-2009-03-27 nightly snapshot). I started USB Prober and
looked at the USB devices. Then

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=20

Then I started USB Prober logging and

$ scanimage -T &> scanimage-T.log

scanimage hung, apparently where it always has for me. I can see that
some of the Prober log relates to scanimage; other than that it is all
meaningless to me. I hope it is meaningful to some of you.

The logs are available at
http://members.shaw.ca/schoenrank.ca/2009-03-27_sane_testing.5/

(USB_Prober.log is about 9.4 MB)

Peter