[sane-devel] compile sane snapshot under Freebsd 7.1

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Sat May 2 15:49:16 UTC 2009

Hi
Here are a few notes on compiling a recent sane snapshot (from sometime
earlier this week) under FreeBSD 7.1. I am not a FreeBSD user but
installed it on an old box (AMD XP 2000) to test my bjnp sources for the
pixma backend.

- libgphoto2 is not found, solved it temporarily by adding
${GPHOTO2_LDFLAGS} to the end of the GPHOTO2_LIBS line. I know this is
an ugly hack....

canon_dr.c picks the wrong saneopts.h (from /usr/local/sane). possibly
other sources do the same, but I for now simply removed the old sane
includes

tools/sane-find-scanner: -lcam missing (added a ${SCSI_LIB} to the LD
line

Please let me know if more information is needed

Louis

p.s. the pixma stuff works in first very quick test