[sane-devel] compile sane snapshot under Freebsd 7.1

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Sat May 2 21:22:57 UTC 2009

hi Chris,
replies below
On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 15:59 -0500, Chris Bagwell wrote:
> I'm very glad to hear someone was able to test under FreeBSD.  Thats
> the main platform I do not have access to.  Really need to set up a
> qemu image some day.

This is exactly why I set the system up. Glad to see that I picked the
right BSD version....

> Replies below.
>
> On 05/02/2009 11:14 AM, m. allan noah wrote:
> > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Louis Lagendijk
> > <louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >
> > - libgphoto2 is not found, solved it temporarily by adding
> > ${GPHOTO2_LDFLAGS} to the end of the GPHOTO2_LIBS line. I know this is
> > an ugly hack....
> >

> > Maybe Chris can chime in on that one?
> >
> Agree its an issue.  Got a working patch I'll submit.  Also, need a
> related update to sane-config.in.   I'll test a little more and submit
> tomorrow.
will test the latest snapshot on Monday....

> > > canon_dr.c picks the wrong saneopts.h (from /usr/local/sane). possibly
> > > other sources do the same, but I for now simply removed the old sane
> > > includes
> > >

> > most backends seem to include the system sane files instead of the src
> > ones. perhaps we should change that at some point?
> >
> I didn't worry about this because I assumed our -I options should
> always force it to look for internal versions first.
>
> AM_CPPFLAGS = -I. -I$(srcdir) -I$(top_builddir)/include -I
> $(top_srcdir)/include -DLIBDIR="$(libdir)/sane"
>
> Somehow your still getting -I/usr/local/include with higher priority.
> How was that specified?  "./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include"?

this is the configure stanza I used (copied from the
sane-backends-1.0.19 port):
./configure --with-docdir=/usr/local/share/doc/sane-backends
--disable-locking --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/
man --infodir=/usr/local/info/ --build=i386-portbld-freebsd7.1

> Can you look at what command line options are being used to compile?
> You will need to edit backend/Makefile and remove the "--silent" from
> $LIBTOOL.

will do on Monday (have a compile of xsane running on that box that
pretty much wants to recompile the whole world)

Louis