[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.20 Released

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon May 4 13:28:22 UTC 2009

On 05/04/2009 04:17 AM, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> "m. allan noah"<kitno455 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> * FreeBSD users should use LDFLAGS="-lcam"
>> * users with gphoto2 installed outside of /usr/lib should use
>> LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/gphoto"
>>

> Building with --enable-pthreads, all hell breaks loose as not
> everybody is linking $(PTHREADS_LIBS) in.

Are you referring to sane-backends?  I can't find a --enable-pthreads
option.  Also, I tried for the first time the --enable-fork-process
option but still had no compile issues.

Oh wait, grepping for pthreads in backend directory, I see references to
pthread functions in mustek, pixma, and snapscan but I'm only linking in
for mustek.

Assuming that's not dead code then I guess I missed a couple.  I've no
idea why this isn't causing a link failure for myself on any of my
platforms.  Do you have some sort of strict compile flag your using?

Also, can you verify those two backends align with what your seeing fail?

Thanks,
Chris