[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.20 Released

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon May 4 14:58:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:

> Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> > Are you referring to sane-backends?  I can't find a --enable-pthreads
> > option.  Also, I tried for the first time the --enable-fork-process
> > option but still had no compile issues.
>
> Yes, that's sane-backends and the option is actually
> --disable-fork-process (which does exactly what --enable-pthreads
> would do if it existed ;))
>
> It switches sanei_thread from using fork() to using pthreads for
> reader processes.

Ah, thats the part I was missing and can now reproduce.  Some of that double
negative logic in acinclude.m4 was confusing me and I thought my test on
Darwin would have fully tested it.

I can have a fix ASAP although I guess I'll need to hold off on submitting
until git is ready.

BTW, temporary work around  for those that need it: ./configure
--disable-fork-process LDFLAGS=-lpthread

Chris