[sane-devel] SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE removed in 1.0.20

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 23:55:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe
<jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/8 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
>> Unless I am mistaken, SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE is not in the
>> documented API, however, it was in sane.h. Three 1.0.19 backends did
>> set the flag v4l, qcam, and the test backend. The first two set it
>> globally on all options, making it of somewhat limited informational
>> value. The last included it as an option, IIRC.
>
> OK. It isn't worth building in #ifdef logic just for the test backend.
> I'll remove SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE.
>
> As far as I can tell, that was the only change between 1.0.19 and
> 1.0.20 that was exposed. Have I missed anything?

There were not any other changes of this magnitude. However, some
rudimentary 'standardization' of option strings was begun,
specifically option group names and button/sensor names. Those won't
cause anything like FTBFS, but they might cause some changes if you
had hardcoded the previous names.

allan