[sane-devel] Pixma MP600R times out after scan stats

Michael Brasse michael.brasse at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:28:51 UTC 2009

Hi Nicolas,
I now tested with the MP600R via the Wireless network and yes it works.

Output from
 scanimage -T
scanimage: scanning image of size 640x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame, 8 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 1920 bytes...	PASS
scanimage: reading one byte...		PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 2 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 4 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 8 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 16 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 32 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 64 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 128 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 256 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 512 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 1024 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 2048 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 2047 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 1023 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 511 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 255 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 127 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 63 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 31 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 15 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 7 bytes... 	PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 3 bytes... 	PASS

Also I managed to scan a picture using the command line interface of scanimage.

Thanks a lot - this is a major breakthrough and I really appreciate
all your effort to get there.

Now I have only one remaining problem:
Compiling xsane doesn't work.

Can you or someone help me there as well?

Output from
scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.21cvs; backend version 1.0.21

Output from
.../sane-git-2009_05_13/sane-frontends> ./configure
checking for SANE - version >= 1.1.0...
*** An old version of SANE (1.0.21) was found.
*** You need a version of SANE newer than 1.1.0. The latest version of
*** SANE is always available from http://www.sane-project.org
***

Output from
make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
(as expected after the previous error).

If there is any more testing you would want me to do let me know.

Thanks a lot again and best regards
           Micha