[sane-devel] SANE LS-50 (Coolscan V) support in coolscan3.c?

Alessandro Zummo alessandro.zummo at towertech.it
Thu May 28 10:43:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 12:30:11 +0200
Lassi Tuura <lat at cern.ch> wrote:

> I was reading coolscan3.c source code but it wasn't obvious to me
> which features on LS-50 are supported or not supported, or how it
> interacts with the strip film feeder.
>
> I expect to code whatever is missing if I go ahead with this project;
> I am just looking to find out what exists and what is missing, and
> what is known about LS-50 commands or behaviour.

 Hi,
  I wrote the code for colscan3 from coolscan2 and only tested
 it with an LS-2000 . I think there have been success reports from
 other people here on the ml.

  I think your project is doable.

  I'd suggest to try out coolscan3 to see if basic functionalities
 are ok and then to apply for Nikon developer
 docs for the LS-50 .

  IIRC correct I played a bit with the strip feeder and somewhat
 worked .

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,