[sane-devel] Problem with HP ScanJet 4p and SCSI

David Brant brantosaurus at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 13:52:47 UTC 2009

Hi Dieter

I typed (and got) the following

------

david at david-desktop:~$ scanimage -L

david at david-desktop:~$ sudo scanimage -L
device `hp:/dev/sg2' is a Hewlett-Packard C1130A flatbed scanner

david at david-desktop:~$ sane-find-scanner -q

david at david-desktop:~$ sudo sane-find-scanner -q
found SCSI processor "HP C1130A 3614" at /dev/sg2

david at david-desktop:~$ ls -l /dev/sg2
crw-rw---- 1 root root 21, 2 2009-05-29 14:08 /dev/sg2

------

I'm not sure what to do next! I do not know how to set the permissions?

Regards

Dave

*****