[sane-devel] regarding SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:23:23 UTC 2009

well, lets re-open the discussion of the return codes. Julien had some
reservations about this technique. I dont have a problem with it, as
long as we formalize it in the standard exactly which status codes
require retry. I also would like to add a generic 'SANE_STATUS_RETRY'
for those cases where the backend has to block during sane_start
because it must ingest the entire image before the size is known. I'd
rather not block...

allan