[sane-devel] As instructed by /etc/udev/rules.d/libsane.rules

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Nov 16 11:35:18 UTC 2009

Alesh Slovak <alesh.slovak at avasys.jp> wrote:

Hi,

> We can't use a static rules file because each distro uses slightly
> different syntax. And even then, we can't keep up with all the changes
> distros themselves keep making to their udev rules files resulting in
> breakage nearly every time a new version of a distro is released. This
> happened again with this months round of distro updates.

Argh distro bashing. s/distro/udev's upstream/ in all of the above is
way more correct.

udev's upstream keeps breaking everything with each new udev
release. It's a major pain for distributions.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169