[sane-devel] Epkowa backend + XSane preview

Ille tam.ille at free.fr
Thu Nov 19 13:40:14 UTC 2009

Hi!
I do have a problem with XSane (0.997) and the epkowa backend (out o
f iscan_2.22.1-2). My scanner is a Perfection 4490 Photo, so I'm using
the GT-X750 plugin.
The problem is as following:
- when using the TPU, the preview is wrong sized (top left is 0,0 as
  expected, but bottom right is only 68,78 instead of something like
  68,237). Then, the preview is scaled in height to fit in the preview
  rectangle, making impossible to select precisely the area to be
  scanned.
- when manually selecting the full area (selection rectangle get out of
  the displayed preview image) the resulting image is good, so this
  problem does not impact the final scan but only the preview

Note that I do not have this issue when using Iscan.

Is this a problem with epkowa backend or with xsane?
Could someone tell me where I could look to correct this behaviour?

Thanks,
Ille