[sane-devel] xsane crashes in write-file dialog

Robert Urban urban at unix-beratung.de
Fri Oct 9 17:20:18 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have Fedora 11 x86_64 system connected to a USB scanner. "lsusb" reports it as:

	Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 1200

"scanimage --version" says:

	scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.20; backend version 1.0.20

Here's what I do:

- start xsane
- make a preview scan
- make a real scan

when the new window with the scan result appears, I click on the 'save' icon,
then go to "file type" which says "by extension" and select "PDF" or
"PostScript" (or pretty much anything).

CRASH.

If, on the other hand, I leave "file type" set to "by extension" and write
"foobar.ps" as filename, the scan is save as PostScript.

cheers,

Rob Urban