[sane-devel] scanner

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:55:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Anna Chinn <pigschinnspace at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My scanner does not seem to appear in your list at all, but then it
> was manufactured way back in 2000. I don't see why I should have to
> dump it just because the TWAIN data source cannot be found. It is an
> Vuego Scan, Brisa, 640U, which seems to be made by Acer with the model
> No. 6698-1VU.
> Have you heard of this device?

the picture looks identical to Acer 640U, so our driver for that
should work. Please be aware, however, that we make drivers for Unix
and Unix-like systems (OS/2, Linux, OS-X, etc). We don't make drivers
for MS Windows (though some adventurous users have managed to compile
some of our drivers on that platform).

allan