[sane-devel] Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:44:39 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 21 octobre 2009 à 13:22 -0700, Adrian Sandor a écrit :
> Ok I guess this does need some clarification.
> Suppose I want to scan 3 papers.
>
> 1) no "Button-controlled scan"
> - press "scan" twice on the device
> - click "scan" in xsane
> - change paper
> - click "scan" in xsane
> - change paper
> - click "scan" in xsane
>
> 2) with "Button-controlled scan"
> - press "scan" twice on the device
> - click "scan" in xsane
> - press "start" on the device
> - change paper
> - click "scan" in xsane
> - press "start" on the device
> - change paper
> - click "scan" in xsane
> - press "start" on the device

Ok, so I see only 1 difference with other Pixma devices, the fact you
need to enter into scanning mode manually (press "scan" twice on the
device).
Other Pixma enter automatically into the scanning mode when they receive
the Sane messages, i.e. simply after a click on "scan" or "preview" in
xsane.

Note that to scan several pages in "button-controlled" mode, when in
front of the device, select first several pages to scan in xsane.
Then click "scan" on xsane *only* for the first page.
After, just use the scanner button to scan the next page.
xsane will stop the scan mode when the count of pages you set is reach.
(or click on cancel).