[sane-devel] HP OfficeJet 6110 all-in-one

Richard Werst rbwerst at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 03:03:34 UTC 2009

I may be trying to saddle a dead horse here, but it would be nice to get
the scanner to work with this printer.

Using Debian Lenny, and trying to install an "HP OfficeJet 6110
all-in-one"

I have had success using Sane with a couple of stand-alone HP scanners
(3300C and 2200C), so the basic Sane utility is installed and should be
functioning properly.

HPLIP installs the software, and it will print properly.

scanimage -L returns "no SANE devices found"

 sane-find-scanner locates the unit: "found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0
[Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2d11 [OfficeJet 6100 Series]) at
libusb:002:007"

Trying to scan with Xsane and gscan2pdf return "No devices available"
and the HPLIP scan utility gives an error message:  Failed to open
device 'hpaio:/usb/Officejet_6100_Series?serial=MY31UC23S12R': Invalid
argument.
will not work, with the HPLIP giving a error
I added "hpoj" to the dll.conf, and rebooted with the printer attached,
without any change in the messages.

Internet searches haven't brought any solutions, so I am hoping someone
on the list will have some suggestions.

Thanks in advance...

Richard