[sane-devel] HP1120n (hpljm1005) Debian Lenny (armel) missing bottom of page

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:44:05 UTC 2009

> I've tried scanning at the lowest res supported by the device with scanimage
> (75dpi). Opening the .pnm file produced with Gimp I noticed that the
> dimensions are exactly the ones of an A4, BUT resolution of the image is
> 72dpi not 75!

that is only because the pnm format does NOT store the resolution, and
gimp defaults to 72.

 So scaling it back to 75 I get the actual scanned portion
> dimensions which is about 265mm x 205mm.
> The problem shows up already in the preview "pre-scan" so at the lowest res.

I dont want the physical dimensions, just the pixel size. Does
reducing the -y parameter reduce the height?

can you send us the output of scanimage --help

allan